Sunday, September 11, 2011

First Day in the Third Grade (clap, clap, clap)

And the First Grade (clap), and Kindergarten. Better late than never, right. I'm finally getting around to posting about the first day of school 3 weeks ago! The kids were all very excited to start school this year.

Levi's teacher is very kind and he is loving Kindergarten. Nap time is "always short" so he is a happy camper! He is in speech a couple times a week still, but I don't know if they'll keep it up all year. He has improved tremendously! He is also quite the little artist and getting better at writing his letters!
Bryant got to start at the big Intermediate School and says, "Third grade is the best!" They have two teachers, one teaches math, science, and social studies. The other teaches language, reading, and ? I don't remember... sorry. He has a science lab and is excited that he is one of the best readers in his class. His math needs some refreshing, but just for speed's sake.
Jonas wanted his picture on the rope because "Bryant did when he started first grade!" He is doing super great! I am so excited that he is getting more excited about reading and improving by leaps and bounds. He reads 3 or 4 pages in a little chapter book to me every night and then I read to him. He's excited to read some books that Bryant hasn't read so he can have movie night with mom and dad.
At the bus stop.
Don't you just love Eliza's bed head?
And her funny face? She was so cute the first day, I told her we were going to go see Dad at his lunch and she said, "And my brothers?" When I said no, she replied, "But I want to see my brothers!"
Someone spotted something at the duck pond across the street. I sure love my kids.
Getting on the bus. Such big kids. Isn't it amazing how quickly they grow up? I know its bound to only get quicker...

4 comments:

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

Such a beautiful little family.... that brings me so much heart-joy when I read about them and see their pictures. I hope it is SOONER rather than later that you are closer by!!!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!
Jane

Devin & Amanda said...

I really feel like it was just yesterday that I was at your baby shower for Bryant and now he is a 3rd grader!!! That is just crazy. Y'all make such cute kids.

Grandma Hoss said...

Your boys look sooooo grownup, cute and smart for their first day of school. The bus and them boarding it makes me proud and happy. I love Eliza's bed hair! Plus I love the fact that she wanted to see her brothers at lunch. What a little cutie. She and Bolton will become really close now that they are the only ones home. I miss seeing you all.

Give everyone a hug and kiss from me.

Love you all tons. Mom

kate said...

so cute to see those 3 brothers following each other onto the bus! i do love eliza's bed-head, reminds me of my two littlest (and me) when we take their sisters out to the bus. ha ha! i wish them a wonderful year.