Most of you know, it was a big one. I'm now a grown up. There's no denying it. But my sweet family made sure to help me feel like a kid again.
I woke up to the smell of pancakes being made by my sweet Bryant. Ethan fixed up some scrambled eggs whites with yummy white cheese. I got to open presents from each of the boys. They were wrapped up in the blankets from their beds and they were so cute! Levi gave me a quiet book that he, "doesn't like anymore." Jonas gave me some of his amazing artwork and his Kindergarten journal. Bryant gave me the key & mail holder he built in cub scouts.
After breakfast I got to soak in the tub with some home made bath salts that Bryant gave me for Mother's Day. He'd been asking me every couple days or so if I'd used them, so this made both our day!
Once we were all dressed and ready for the day, Ethan asked me to close my eyes so he could give me my first present. He led me around the front yard for a few minutes until finally stopping in front of our van loaded up with our new above ground pool!! We have been over 110 already three or four days, so this is a very exciting gift! It is an 18 foot diameter, 48 inch tall pool. So exited to get it set up tomorrow! The best thing about it is that he got it for free! Someone was just giving it away!
I enjoyed the morning relaxing with my family, enjoying phone calls, and reading my book. Then it was time for another gift. Ethan had asked family members to write a message about what they loved/admired/respected about me or a memory of me. It was a very special gift. Thanks everyone who participated. It made me feel loved.
The afternoon was fun too. I got to go on a fabric store shopping spree! I had a 10% off my entire purchase coupon and there was a big sale for Memorial Day, so I shopped til I dropped. So excited for the projects spinning around in my head to come to fruition.
I got home around 4 in the afternoon so we could be ready to leave for our date around 4:30. I told Ethan what I really wanted was a date, its been since our anniversary. That's really bad for us, we're usually more like once a week or every other week daters... anyway, he wanted me home so he could give me one more gift before we left. I got home and everyone gathered round for the final gift and let me tell you I was FLOORED with what he got me! Want to know what it was?
A crafter's dream come true, a Silhouette! I have been wanting one for months and months and I can't believe he got me one!!! I was so excited I squealed with glee! The kids had to tell me to stop saying, "I'm so excited!" But I couldn't do it. Even writing about it I'm getting all excited. Ah. Ok, enough about that.
We headed out with the kids, they were going to be watched at a friend's house. We had to go in to pick something up when we dropped them off and SURPRISE! We didn't go on a date, he planned a big ol' surprise party for me. There were a ton of people there and he even arranged what they would bring for pot luck! He is AMAZING!!! I'm so blessed to have him.
I told him that he outdid me (for his 30th birthday)... you know the competitive part of me is telling him, "You better watch out, dude. Your 40th birthday is going to rock. your. socks." It was a perfect day. I was so happy. The only thing missing was a date (and the cake I dreamed up in my head). Both of which might be fulfilled today.
Thanks everyone who was a part of my special day. It really was the best birthday ever.
15 comments:
Wow! What a day! Happy birthday! My little sister had her big birthday two weeks ago, I didn't realize you guys were only a few weeksjavascript:void(0) apart.
I agree Wow! It sounds like you had a fantastic day. I am soooooo happy for you. I'm having a hard time believing that it has been 30 years since you came into our lives. I remember the day like it was yesterday. The Nurses at the hospital were all soooooooo excited that we finally had a girl. They were yelling down the hall to Cosy who was in our Relief Society Presidency. When she heard she came running & screaming down the hall. Your dad was soooooooooooooo happy too. He really wanted a little girl to wrap him around her little finger. You are the best daughter ever.
Love you tons. Mom
That really is the best birthday ever. I'm excited for your pool, your Silhouette, and even your quiet book. Seriously - 110 degrees?!? You can't do that without a pool.
I'm so glad you had a great birthday, and I can't wait to hear about Ethan's 40th when that rolls around.
I agree, that was one fantastic birthday. Ethan must have read the love language text because it seems that he hit's your "love's" right on the money. What a good man. Happy Birthday sweet mama!
Oh, my GOODNESS, GOODNESS, GOODNESS!!! I can't believe all that fun!!! Wahoo!!! I don't believe that's my kid!!! I believe it when you do fun things, cuz that's what you do, but..Ethan ROCKS, also!!! He gets it from his dad ;) It sounds like it was one long party from sunup to sundown. (Look at that word "sunup". Isn't that a funny word?! I never really thought about how it is spelled!!!)
SO GLAD you had such an amazing day!!! SO GLAD you are Ethan's wife!!! SO GLAD you are the mother of our beautiful grandchildren!!! SO GLAD you will be in in a week and a piece!!!
LOVE YOU!!! JANE tmil
Oh, I'm so glad that your birthday was so wonderful! You are an amazing person, and you deserve the best! Happy Birthday, my friend.
As soon as you walked in, I went to pull out my phone and take a picture but then I remembered my 17 month old terrorizing the place and my attention went back to him. Sorry! It was so fun to see you surprised and I'm glad you felt loved by all of us! :) Can't wait to join you in the pool!
wow! what a wonderful day! so glad, cause you deserve it! you are such a hard working mom who mothers with all her heart. happy birthday!
What a wonderful family who love's their mom so much. You deserve a special day like that and I am glad it was so nice for you all!
Love ya
Brindy
yipee!!! So glad you had a great birthday. I couldn't believe it just kept getting better and better!
Happy birthday to you!
What a great day! So glad it was awesome, your 30th should be! I've been dreading this since turning 29 last year! And, it really is like a real grown up, I keep thinking there is no way I can be THAT grown up! Happy 30th!
sounds like it was fabulous!!! perfect actually! happy b-day! nothing like turning the big 3-0!!
How fun for you! You deserve it!!! geesh...what will he do next year???...
Thanks for your comment on my blog! Happy birthday! And wow on your five kids!!! You have an amazing family. Hope things continue to go well for you guys. It really seems like just yesterday (I know that sounds cheesy) that we were in choir and all that. Now look how things have changed! Even though your 30, don't you still just FEEL like your 20?
Post a Comment