Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sunshine

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are gray. You'll never know, dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away.

When I was a little girl, my mom used to sing this song to me. I understand, now, why. Man, I love my family. I'm so blessed. Here's a little sampling of the sunshine in my life the past couple weeks.

Laughter really is the best medicine. It feels so good to just let myself laugh out loud. You can bet my house has lots to laugh at with these crazy kids...



Gross!!!
Eewwww...
I've been thinking about how awesome my kids are lately. I am so blessed to have them. Sometimes they drive me crazy, yes. But when I look past the tiny bit of crazy, I see the huge percentage of awesome that they are.

How could this face not brighten my day? Oh my goodness I love this baby!
And these two?! Bryant is growing up so much. I love to watch him work side by side with his dad. He is loving cub scouts, eager to work on projects and sign things off. Don't you just love it when your kids are motivated?
Family Home Evening. It can be a huge ordeal, yes. But sometimes it just works out beautifully. Last week Bryant taught our lesson. He taught us about being a family, then talked about Noah building the ark. How his family supported him and they worked together. So, for our activity we built our own "ark" with our very own "Noah." Do you like his beard?

I know I tell you all this plenty, but what a blessing this man is to my life. Love him so much!
Have you ever put tape in the bottom of a cat's feet? Its pretty hilarious. Put Bolton down to crawl on the grass and its a similar reaction... am I mean that I think its so funny watching him walk/crawl?
Have I mentioned how much I adore this boy?

One thing I really love about my kids is the way that they love others. I recently taught a special lesson on this very topic and I realized what tremendous people I get to live with, such great examples to me. They don't think they are better than anyone. They are kind. They share.

Another thing I love is their generally positive attitude. Hanging out with some of my friends' kids helps me recognize how much I appreciate my own. I go walking in the mornings with a friend and her daughter whines a lot while we're out and about. Its a constant battle for her. Eliza and Bolton are just so happy to be there. They are delightful. I am blessed.



Together we're safe from the flood on our ark. Go team!
Jonas went around all afternoon Sunday like this. Cute little stinker.
I heard a story once about a man and woman who were getting married. The man told the woman that everyone has 80% good qualities and 20% bad. If she chose to focus on the 20%, their marriage would be unhappy. But if they chose to focus on the 80% they would be successful and happy.

I believe the moral of the story to be true. Focusing on the good (not only in people, but in circumstances) makes all the difference. And when the 20% just can't be ignored... go get the camera. You'll hopefully be able to laugh about it. Eliza's artwork sure made me giggle.
Here's hoping you enjoy the sunshine in your day!

13 comments:

Cam said...

Ha ha- love Eliza's artwork!

Laurie said...

Hahhaaa.....what a great family. My boys have used fem. hygiene products as rockets before. I have gone into the bathroom to find rockets all over the bathroom.

Laurie said...

I just saw your comment on my blog just now, I would love get together! All those crazy boys together would have a blast. Email me when you are going to be around, that would be so fun!

Grandma Hoss said...

Ok you just made my day. Laughter is sooooooo good for the soul. It even woke me up. You have the cutiest family. I lllllooooovvvvveeeee the pictures. They are all so cute. Your dad just called to tell me to look at your blog because there are some darling pictures. I love that man. He knows that I love to see knew things on your blog, and so he wanted to make me happy by telling me to look. You & your dad are wonderful. Thank you. Eliza is quite the artist. Ethan looks good in a white beard. Joe's scruched up face is so funny. I'm so glad that Bryant is excited about cub scouts. That is a good dad & son activity. It is also good as a mom & son activity. Kim you are my sunshine, you make me happy when skies are blue, you'll never know dear how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away.

Love you tons. Mom

Grandma Hoss said...

Ok I forgot to mention how much I love the picture of you and Eliza looking up. It is so sweet looking. Boulton is darling looking too! Is Levi trying to do the same face you did to Jonas at the beginning? Your ark is awsome. Bryant did a great job with the lesson and activity. I am glad that you are all safe in your ark. What a wonderful family you have.

Love Mom

Vause Family said...

Ok, that Eliza is pretty resourceful in her artwork! Good post.

kate said...

i can see why they make you happy! cuties. i especially love eliza's polka dot shirt, so cute!

Erin said...

hahahahaha! Oh there are so many things I love about this post!!! I love your cute family too! Those cute kids and their personalities just make me happy:).. and I let out a massive laugh at Eliza's artwork... that is soooo funny! Love and miss you guys! Can't wait to see you in June!

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

EVERYTHING your Mom said!!!!! I am rolling on the floor laughing at Eliza's artwork!!! SO FUNNY!!! I mean creative!

Bolton's BLUE eyes...WOW!!! They just P O P !!! Kind of like his siblings! Your picture with Eliza...priceless. Scrunched up face????? I think it's Jonas!

Bryant's FHE lesson...is he really that old and big?!?!?! The ark is too cool! Mr. Levi...he always warms my heart. Mr. ET..what a handsome Noah!

LOVELY... it is just a LOVELY family that you have created. And Joyous!

LOVE to you!!

Jane the Grateful

Arritt said...

What an uplifting post! I have had a lot of little random moments lately that make me stop and think, "WOW! I just love my family and I am SO blessed!"
It's good to share these times- the world needs more good news rather than bad.

Lori said...

kids are pretty great, aren't they?

Jeni said...

You have such a wonderful family! Eliza is so talented...I see collage in her future!

KellyAnne said...

Awesome. Love this post, especially your last picture! hahaha