Many things are contributing to my lack of blogging, but here are some examples...
I've been walking in the mornings with a friend. I was hoping to start running again, but after attempting it realized that running is not going to be a part of my life ever again. Just too much pain. Walking has been fun, though. I love chatting the time away with my friend, so great!
Many of you know that our future regarding Ethan's career is undecided. We are looking at all our options, staying in the AF, separating from the AF, moving west, staying here for a year or so. When I say we're looking at all our options, I mean we look, then we look some more, then we look from a different perspective, then we look again... you get the idea. This is kind of consuming us (me anyway). Perhaps that's why I'm in a funk. I don't feel in control of any of it and we don't have a plan and its stressing me out. Either way, when we know what's in store for the next grand Woodbury adventure, we'll let you know.
Church has kind of become more demanding recently too. It seems like I'm more involved in everything right now. Its good, but somewhat exhausting.
The kids are extra demanding right now. Bolton has basically had an ear infection since Christmas. I'm taking him to the ENT tomorrow. He is super cute and fun, but just takes lots of energy. I'm trying (trying is a good word to describe it) to teach the kids how to work and it is so much harder than just doing things on my own.
I got on the food storage band wagon (finally). I figured out how much we needed for a 3 month supply and have made a huge step in securing what we need. Also I've been working on 72 hour kits.
I have started working on some of my goals for the Pursuit of Excellence I talked about. I'm using a blog arena to record and collect ideas, thoughts, etc in accomplishing those goals. I'd love for them to be useful to others, even to people I don't know, so I started them under a different user name. If you'd like to check them out, feel free. One is hollidaisy cooks and the other is inspired hollidaisy. But here again, I haven't been able to update them as much as I'd like. I originally wasn't going to share them here until they were much more elaborate, but feel inclined to do so now. Feel free to share them, follow them, ignore them... whatever.
Let's be real, the total truth of the matter is that I'm totally overwhelmed by all the laundry in my life! I decided to let the boys only have 5-6 shirts each because it is all too much! I can't keep up! So with that, I'll bid you all adieu! I've got 8 loads to go fold!
14 comments:
Let's switch places for a week--I'm feeling funky, but out of boredom. And I hate laundry. If you get a chance post your food storage ideas--I really need to get going on that too. (Not to add one more thing to your list!) I'm totally stealing your Aprils Fools dinner. Loved it. Paul totally got me this year--I didn't even know he knew about April Fools Day. My kids would love that.
You are 100% correct! This grandma really, really, really looks forward to your blog. I do check it each day, and re-read some to get my fix in. You might say I am addicted. Case in point I had already checked your blog earlier, commented on your hollidaisy cooks, but had to check again to see if you had added something new. Boy was I surprised and happy. Thanks!
Love you tons. Mom
way to go on the food storage! and laundry is evil. i like the idea of limiting the clothes. :) so hard to not know where you'll be as far as the job goes, i wish you well and hope you guys are able to make the best decision for you, and soon.
Kim, it sounds like you are involved in really great things! But that being said, sometimes it gets overwhelming. ESPECIALLY the laundry!!! I hear ya! I insist that my kids wear their pajamas for more than one night just to help with the laundry situation. I still don't have a good solution for keeping the laundry manageable. I just never can seem to stay on top of it.
Good luck with the decisions you're trying to make in your life right now. That is really hard, to not know what is next and not know what to do about it!
Hang in there, and just take a day at a time while keeping the future in mind. :)
Love ya!
KellyAnne
That's TWO GRANDMA'S who check DAILY!!! I may not be as vocal, but I DO CHECK!!! Only because you and your family are so important to me. :)
Laundry: On a wanted poster with my face plastered on it, my location for Most Likely to be Found was : Laundry Room. I feel/know your laundry pain. Then I stole Gaye's plan and they started doing their own. My kids were quite a bit older than yours, but that gives you something to look forward to!
Decisions: "all will be revealed"...just gotta play the waiting game.
In the meantime, I think you've got more ambition and energy than I ever had when it comes to accomplishing so many things.
So there you go! Keep smiling and it will all be great!
LOVE YOU!! Jane tmil
yup ~ that'll do it to you for sure! I'm sorry for the stress!! good luck! good idea about the laundry and limited wardrobe. yikes! i hear you there!!!
OK I admit that I love to look at your blog and make comments. Hopefully that isn't too vocal. You are the best at keeping us grandma's happy and involved in your life. We love seeing the pictures and reading all about what all of you are doing. And I thank you for that.
Plus I like to say I love you all tons. Mom
Kim,
I don't know if this will help in the laundry arena, but here's a few tips you can use to lighten your burden a little. If you use colored permanent markers to mark the tags of each of your kiddo's clothing as dark, light, or whites and get separate hampers that are labeled with each color, when your kiddo's change their clothing, they can just throw the clothes into the corresponding hamper, that way you don't have to pre-sort the laundry. My two older kiddos (ages 4 and 7) have to fold their own laundry. They each have their own basket that I separate their clothing into as I'm pulling out of the dryer. They fold as they are getting their TV time, and then they have to put it away themselves. It takes a lot longer than it would for me to fold a load, but I can get other stuff done while they are doing it, and when I have the time, I'll help them out so it goes faster. If anything, they can just turn all the clothing right side out so it's quicker for you to fold. I had to show them how to fold each item a few times in the beginning, but now they can do it pretty well on their own.
Another idea my friend uses is to hang all their laundry. She separates her kiddos clothing into piles, brings out a bunch of hangers (you'd have to invest in the smaller hangers for the kids) and has them put all their laundry on hangers. (she also uses the pants hangers you get when you buy clothes from the store). Even the smaller kiddos can put the clothes on hangers.
Hope this helps a little! Hang in there!
I just sat down to write this exact post! Minus the Air Force, of course, and the ear infections. The laundry, though, that's definitely going in my post.
I know how you feel - when huge life decisions feel out of my control or aren't easily decided upon, it affects my whole life. Everything get's put on hold.
I'm sorry you can't run anymore, but I'm glad that you enjoy walking. I've missed running so much since I've been pregnant, and I can't wait to start again at the end of the summer.
Good luck with your decisions, and I really hope that Bolton feels better soon. I hope you get the answers you need from the ENT.
I hope that sweet baby feels better soon. I hope you get your 10 loads folded. Wont that feel so good. I hope I can stop checking in on my good friends and clean my downstairs bathroom, it literally smells like an outhouse. I was okay with the general urine smell but it has progressed and must be stopped. I think you do more in a day than I do in a week. Take this mother's day to reflect on how perfectly you are loving your babies and tackling everything else in life. I wish you could run. Nothing clear's the head like a good run. But walking will do the trick!
i think the unknown sometimes is the hardest trial, honestly. i'll keep your cute family in my prayers. hopefully you're able to have resolution soon and trust its what the Lord wants you to do.
sounds like your time is going right to where it needs to be. you'll never regret putting your time into your family and yourself. i love reading when you update, but don't kick yourself if you can't update regularly. i'll have to skip on over to your other blogs...
Our vote is that you move west.
I cannot figure out my laundry, either. You have inspired me to go through my kid's closets and get rid of half of their clothes....
Post a Comment