Tuesday, February 15, 2011

February Freeze

I'm happy to report we have a week of 70+ degree weather here in A-town! Although, who am I kidding? We loved being iced in for the week.
For those of you thinking, "'Iced in' in Texas?!" Let me tell you, 6 inches of snow and a week of well below freezing temperatures is enough to shut down most of our fair city. We had at least an inch of ice covering the entire road, yes, all of them. The city only owns 3 trucks for snow removal/ice melt! Those 3 trucks worked around the clock on two roads all week! The rest of us were lucky enough to stay home.
They even closed the base down all week. We were lucky enough to have this guy to keep us company!
We played way too much computer and wii, but had so much fun doing it.
We did go a little stir crazy, which resulted in many wrestling matches, but what do you expect with a house full of little boys?
Oh, and Dad was awesome and built us a fire... he even braved the roads (just a very short way) to buy some marshmallows and hot dogs for roasting.
Some of us didn't feel confined enough, so we looked for more drastic measures.

70 degrees, we'll take it. But what a fabulous time was our February Freeze!

4 comments:

Grandma Hoss said...

Who put Eliza in the bucket? Was she able to get out of it, or did someone have to get her out? Yum to the fire and roasing hot dogs and marshmellows. Looks like you all had a great time. Love you mom

aLi said...

hee hee! I loved it. Eliza in the bucket!!! Ethan's classic pull-a-face-for-the-camera. Kim going crazy on the demo, baby. :)
Excited to see you soon!!!!!!!!!!!!

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

Oh, I am just chuckling!!! So much fun!!! Was there a hole in Eliza's bucket? Or was it self-contained? :)

Way to hot-diggity for your February Freeze! I am SOMEWHAT jealous!

Happy Day from me!

Love, JTMIL

Adam and Michelle Bradbury said...

I don't care what Michelle says, I like you guys. Thanks for the posts, they are fun to read from the other side of the world. -Adam.