Friday, July 28, 2017

Pictures from Scout Camp 2017

On Father's Day, the scouts left right after church to go to scout camp.  They had a long drive to get to Tokyo!  I don't have stories to go with the pictures, but some of the leaders sent us these so I thought it would be good to document them here.

They were excited that they got to bring movies to watch on the drive down.

Unfortunately, they got soaked one or two of the days, but it looks like they handled it like champs!

Even though it appears that all they did was sit around, I've been assured that they worked hard all week. The leaders just weren't with them during all that time. :)

 Setting up camp

Teamwork!



We have a troop with our ward and the base also has a troop that went down.  Because both troops had so few boys going they shared a camp.  I think it was so good for the them to bond with the other boys from base!









After camp we got an email from Ethan's family.  Turns out one of their family friends has a son on a mission in Tokyo who was able to serve as a merit badge counselor for Emergency Preparedness which both my boys signed up for.  Attached to this missionary's weekly email was this picture!  Ethan's sister recognized Bryant (and sort of Jonas...in yellow).  Its such a small world!

 Some shots of their camp.





They got home on the Saturday after leaving.  They were tired but had nothing but excitement about their week at camp.  They both worked hard and earned lots of merit badges.  Jonas is only missing time and service hours to become a Life scout and Bryant is nearly done with all the merit badges needed to earn his Eagle. He just needs to finish a couple up and then do a project and he'll have finished a big goal.  So proud of my scouts!

1 comment:

Grandma Hoss said...

I am way proud of your scouts too. Such a fun time for them. I hope that they continue and finish up their time in scouting by earning their Eagles. Hugs and Kisses for all. Mom