Thursday, April 05, 2012

Spring Break: Minute to Win It Date Night

Despite the majority of our trip being a blur due to Eliza's accident, we did manage to have a couple fun date nights with family...

We planned a date night for my family again this trip and it was super fun!  We divided into 5 teams and played 5 rounds of Minute to Win It.  Rather than eliminating a team if they didn't win their game, everyone got to participate each round and the winner was determined by the most number of games won.

Sean got to be the Chocolate Unicorn.

Adrienne was the Dizzy Mummy.

Mom and Dad had to keep the balloons in the air.

Ethan had to Nod his head to 125 steps.

Richy had mad skills at taking the tissues out of the boxes.

Until they stopped coming out...

Limber Kari was super quick at arranging the bags with her mouth only!

Mom and Dad's breakfast puzzler was pretty tough.

Ethan had the yo-yo of all yo-yos to help him knock over the cans... he had to knock the canisters over too since it was way too easy with that monster.  I think this picture is super funny.

Adrienne tossing her pencils...

Sean threading the needles (too bad we didn't have an RC plane and hoola hoop... 10 points if you know the reference!)

Dad doing the great can swap (I'm pretty sure I didn't understand how this one was supposed to work... oops!)

Sean and the golf ball stack.
 Oh, look! I was there!  Nothing like being blindfolded and having someone take your picture.

And the winners are... Richy and Kari!  They won 4 of their 5 games and the last was definitely the most impressive, he had to stack 4 tubes of chapstick using only chopstix!  I was amazed he succeeded!    Way to go bro!  Sorry the only prize was bragging rights and left over root beer. :)

Some of the games I only got video of... Dennis being a card ninja (throwing cards into watermelon), Dennis blowing cards off rootbeer bottles, Heather facing the cookie, Dad elephant walking and knocking over water bottles... and then of course, since I was running the show I didn't get pictures or video of a few things.  Maybe someone else did, though... anyone?  Kari and the measuring tape, Mom and the "ski ball," I know there are more things I missed, but don't have my list of games anymore... send me pics if you have them!

It was a really, really fun date night!  We laughed and laughed a lot!  What good memories.

7 comments:

Joni said...

That looks like fun! Whose house were you at? They have a great kitchen!

Grandma Hoss said...

Thanks for the memory! It was so fun to re-live the date night. Talk about fun. Dad & I totally enjoyed ourselves. You actually got dad to do somethings! Impressive Kim. I am with you when it comes to Richy and the chapsticks and chopsticks. The only thing that would have made the night better is if Dave had been there too. Great pictures. Love you tons. Mom

Grandma Hoss said...

Hi Joni! We were at Sean & Heathers newly remodeled house. And it is fabulous. How are you doing?

Joni said...

I am doing well, Colleen. Thanks for asking. It is fun to stay somewhat updated on your family through Kim's blog.

Grandma Hoss said...

Yes it is. I LOVE her blog too. She does a really good job with it. I love the stories & pictures. I also love it when some of the young girls she grew up with make a comment and I get to hear from them through Kim. It is a Win Win!

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

FUN!!! FUN!!! FUN!!! I LOVE ALL THE FUN!!!! Way to make memories and laugh your heart out! Who was the creator of all this FUN?!?!?! Congrats to the Great Minds!

Cool Family, Miss Kimberly!!!

Love, Jane

Cam said...

Looks like so much fun! Glad you had a good Spring Break (even with an unexpected "break!)