Friday, February 03, 2012

Tucson

The first of Ethan's five interviews for the residency was this past weekend.  Since it was only a 12 hour drive we decided to load up the family and make a trip of it. We were able to stay at the AF base there and it was awesome! 


Of course, it wasn't all sunshine and roses... it never is, right?  I don't remember the reason for the breakdown, but here's the evidence.  On the plus side, this was probably the biggest problem of the trip.

Our room had a playground right outside.  It was perfect!  While Ethan was at his interview we spent time playing outside and watching movies.





It was a beautiful day!


Then we walked over to the BX for some lunch.  Of course, we had to stop and climb some palm trees.


And pizza with ice cream for lunch can't be beat.


Then when Ethan finally got back to us we went in search of a mountain to climb.


Check out how huge this sahuaro is! I have to admit, as much as I wasn't impressed with the city, our hike was a highlight.

It was really nice to be in the mountains again!




And one of the Arizona's nicknames is the Sunset State... we saw first hand why.  Sorry my lens was dirty.



Ethan has his second interview today, with the Lexington VA.  Next week he's headed to CA and then off to Cleveland the following week.  We won't find out where we're headed until March when all the Residency matches are announced.  We'll be sure to let you know as soon as we know!  We're so excited!

12 comments:

Cali said...

Looks like a lot of fun! We're excited to hear where you'll end up! We loved living in AZ, by the way. The dessert is so beautiful.

Laurie said...

So exciting and nerve-racking! Can't wait to hear where your next adventure will take you.

Terra said...

What fun adventures you have! Those all sound like great places to live--excited to see where you'll go.

Grandma Hoss said...

Love, Love, LOVE all of the pictures. Sounded like a great little trip. I remember Jonas being upset about his hands hurting from the monkey bars and him being upset that he couldn't cross them completely! Love the kids all pointing to the sky. Lunch looked like it was a hit. But what is not to love I mean its pizza and ice cream:) I too am excited to know where you are going. The interview today was with Lexington KY not VA correct? or is VA a possibility?

Love you tons. Mom

Lori said...

how fun. big changes!!!

Travis and Heather said...

I can't wait to see where you end up! If you move here buy yourself and extra pair of wool underwear. It's so daggum cold. Like: "How could my face possibly hurt this much" kind of cold.:) I am on the edge of my seat.
And....what is a good trip without a few glorious meltdowns?

aLi said...

ooooooooo!!!! Exciting!!! What a fun little trip, I'm getting a hankering for one like yours.

Joseph Sandiego said...

Fun. I miss Arizona!

Jennifer said...

Hope the interview went well!! We will be so excited to see where you end up but sad to see you go.

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

I am SO glad it was ONLY 12 hours!!! Because you were able to get some pretty magnificent pictures! Wow. Now I have an idea what Tuscon looks like. Beautiful! At least at night. (I am teaching my 2nd/3rd graders to write using complete sentences and NEVER start a sentence with because... and then look at my writing!)

You all look beautiful and healthy... except for the missing Mom. She is MIA! Hand the camera to Ethan, will ya? We want to see YOU, too!

Way to keep making memories..and documenting them!

LOVE, Your Ma in love

Andrea said...

'only' a 12 hour drive? i had to laugh at that... love the picts! you and yours always look like you're having the best of times!

Cam said...

Love the sunsets! Beautiful. Good luck figuring out where you're going- I'm sure you'll have wonderful experiences wherever you go.