Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Dear Bryant!

Bryant was so excited for his birthday this year, and why wouldn't he be?  We planned the cake(s) for weeks in advance and he kept asking for big, fun gifts.  The anticipation was almost too much!  But the day finally came and it was delightful.  

We started the celebrations with my surprise visit for his lunch.  Not only did I surprise him, but I also bought him a Happy Meal (he's so lucky :).  Then the kids and I delivered cupcakes to his classroom at the end of the day.  He requested Harry Potter cupcakes, so we had an assortment of lightning bolts/glasses, quiditch goals/snitch, quiditch goals/broomsticks, and logo HP.  It was so much fun to hear the kids get excited about what was on their cupcakes. :)  One of those "glad I took the effort" moments. :)

At home we had dinner of his choice (blueberry pancakes with maple syrup) and the opened presents.  He was thrilled with the gifts and with the money he received from grandparents.  Thank you!!!  

Although we had talked about cakes for weeks, he was VERY indecisive about what he wanted, so I decided I would surprise him.  He comes home with a different dinosaur book from the library every week, so I figured I'd be safe with this theme.  While it was an easy way out, I must say it turned out awesome! I love the volcano... so did he, that was the piece he requested!
My first born is SIX years old already!  Time has sure FLOWN by!  He is such a great big brother and a wonderful helper.  I am so lucky to be his mom.

1 comment:

Grandma Hoss said...

The cake is awsome. You are awsome. The pictures at school are great. What a fun day you gave him. I loved the picture of him and the box dad made. Does he have things put in it yet?

Hugs and Kisses to all.

Mom Holliday